Speech: To the Future, and Beyond!


While trying to clear some space and sorting out my files on the laptop I decided to upload a few of my speeches. Perhaps there is still some value in these words.


This short speech I wrote for one of my students who needed to say something as part of her induction in the Rotary Club. Due to excellent writing and an hour of coaching she received a standing ovation for her performance.


NELAGO JOHANNES: ROTARY INDUCTION SPEECH

Good evening to one and all,

And an especial welcome to Mr. Buddy – our supervisor,
To our principals for your loving care and attention
Mrs. Einbeck (from Duneside High School)
Mrs. Yiglaar (from Walvis Bay Private High School)

As well as Mrs. Theart (From the great Dolphin School). And to my fellow members who are eagerly awaiting to be inducted into this prestigious society.

I believe I can safely speak for everyone when I say that we are honoured to have you all here with us.

Life is so busy these days that making time for others is considered a luxury. A luxury that most simply cannot afford. So your presence here is precious gift to us.
Baie Dankie, Ons Waardeer dit.

Your support in what we do shows us that what we do is important. This is a great day. Just take a look around. From different schools we come marching, in the contrasting colours of our uniforms we stand here together, 

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL…
HUZZAH!!!
(LOOK EMBARRASSED)

Sorry – I got carried away. United we stand as the bright light in the face of shadows that plague the world around us. We will pave the way to a better tomorrow not just for our city but for our country and our world.

Friends, Family, Countrymen. Lend me your ears. I call on you to make the world of tomorrow, happen today.


Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts